Website Student Movers
Why work for us?
- You can turn your JOB into a CAREER
- Move up within the company
- Fantastic benefits
- Paid vacations, and paid holidays
- Great company culture
- Maintain clean driving record and abide by all laws concerning the operations of a commercial vehicle in the category they are licensed for.
- Responsible for checking paperwork and equipment lineup to ensure that all delivery equipment, supplies and handling equipment are loaded on the truck. Any missing or inconsistent items must be reported immediately.
- Perform pre-trip truck inspection and report problems immediately to dispatch.
- Ensure timely departure from facility.
- Execute runs as routed by dispatch, immediately report any routing or customer problems encountered.
- Introduce self and crew to the customer upon arrival. Conduct thorough walk-through with customer.
- Review paperwork with customer and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Packing household goods, padding furniture, safety and with care loading and unloading of household goods.
- Perform delivery/removals according to customer specifications, including de-servicing, disassemble/reassemble, installation, residence protection and customer reporting as required.
- Ensure all equipment returns to truck and/or facility upon completion of job.
- Clean trucks upon return to facility and properly remove and store equipment.
- Call in each stop as it is completed, maintaining close contact throughout each day with dispatch/operations.
- Lifting, moving and placing heavy items by hand or with assistance of material handling equipment such as a hand-truck or dolly.
- Receiving instructions from crew leaders and adhering to all company policies and safety rules.
- Working with other team members to ensure we exceed customer expectations in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must be a least 21 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug test according to company policy. No felony convictions.
- Maintain a current/valid driver’s license. No major violations within last 4 years; applies to commercial and private passenger vehicles.
- Customer Service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational support – follows policies and procedures, adaptability.
- Attendance/ Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time; dependability; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and security – Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Stamina to lift heavy items (75 lbs. or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Please note that duties can be changed at any time.